- The Free Software Foundation
- Anti-DRM campaign
- Best IT news site ever.
- Heise in English.
- /. ... aggregating stories since before online story aggregating was invented.
- The reference site to geek fun.
- Very very funny. I often can not hold back laughing while reading.
- Listing almost any Linux distribution around but BSDs and others are also contained.
Interesting Linux Distributions
- Easy and popular distribution, if you have no clue use this. Live CDs are also available.
- Most popular fully community-based distribution, includes a very large software repository.
- Community project started by Red Hat. Many innovations from Red Hat are implemented and tested in Fedora first. Live CDs are also available.
- Small full-featured distribution.
- Live CD aiming at experienced users/system administrators.
- Live CD meant as rescue CD.
- The BEST media player out there.
- My favorite SNES emulator.
- Wine is not an emulator... yet you can run Windows applications on non-windows systems.
- A x86 emulator with some acceleration abilities.
- A x86 emulator
- Open Source implementation of Lucas Art's SCUMM engine. For playing a lot of old Lucas Art games.
- Java-Script SDK for interactive web applications.
- Mozilla's web based IDE.
- Pencil, an open source sketching and prototyping tool.
- Overview of hot topics on Twitter in German language.
- The best book author in the known universe. (personal opinion)
- As far as I know the longest running online manga. And a very good one yet geeky.
- Large database of Anime series. Here you definitely find the series you watched back when you were a child, or 20 minutes ago.
- Box Office statistics, mainly from the U.S.
- Heavy amount of statictics ... from Japan